Combining CBD with other selected natural supplements, Prima Brain Fuel Elixir is an exciting addition your morning routine. Talk about green energy!
We’ve only seen a few brands try out making a drink powder, but so far we love this method of getting our CBD! And Prima is taking things to the next level with their botanical elixir line. We are excited to review their Brain Fuel Elixir, which includes 10 mg of Broad Spectrum CBD plus Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, Lion’s Mane and Ginkgo Biloba. We’ll explain more about those additional ingredients below.
It’s easy to mix a drink packet into a glass of water. When our team tried it, it was a great addition to our morning routine. Within an hour we were zoned in, focused on work. Seriously, we couldn’t believe how noticeable the effects were! While it only lasted a few hours; it was a nice change from coffee. We felt calm yet attuned to tasks at hand. No jitters or distracted energy that sometimes happens after an espresso.
Prima Brain Fuel Elixir is great for those who like a nutty, subtle earthy flavor. We mixed it directly with water or in drip coffee. However, we can imagine including this elixir in a chocolate-flavored hemp protein shake for a yummy pre-workout or quick meal replacement.
Prima paid us a fee and offered us free products in return for our honest opinion. If you purchase a product from one of these links, we’ll receive a percentage of sales. Read more about sponsored content on Ministry of Hemp.
Read on to learn more about this specially blended CBD drink mix from Prima.
A thoughtful, vegan blend of natural ingredients
Prima has done their homework to create a cohesive blend of supplements that work as an excellent complement to CBD.
To start, Ashwagandha has been used as an ayurvedic regenerative tonic for centuries and has been studied by modern day scientists over the last 30 years. It’s been found to have “multiple [biochemical effects] like anti-stress, neuroprotective … and anti-inflammatory.”
Lion’s mane is a fluffy mushroom that is gaining popularity as a natural nootropic with neuroprotective properties. While we’re not sure how effective the 300mg will be when taken through this method (like CBD it is best when taken regularly over time). Rhodiola, an adaptogen, and Ginkgo are both long standing and more well known mental support plants. There’s 200 mg and 100 mg respectively in each drink mix, we see this as a good way to get all the brain support we need in one convenient packet.
Beyond the thoughtful blend of ingredients, we appreciated that this supplement is vegan, gluten free, and free of sweeteners and GMO ingredients.
Hemp tech and bioavailability in Prima Brain Fuel Elixir
One fascinating thing about this powder is the technology that goes into making it. Cannabinoids are typically oily, which makes it difficult for our water-based bodies to absorb. It also makes it challenging to create a drink mix like this.
So how does Prima get oil and water to mix in their Brain Fuel Elixir? We learned their process starts with a broad spectrum, terpene rich hemp plant which goes through extraction, drying, and micro-lipid emulsion stages to reach the final product. Basically, CBD oil gets encapsulated into a fatty orb that helps it mix with the water in our bodies.
While our third party test results showed that this process removes terpenes, Prima is working on improving the tech so that all beneficial parts of the plant make it to the powder stage.
Of course, CBD is just one of the potentially helpful ingredients in this supplement. Prima also makes a broad spectrum CBD capsule that offers a fuller range of terpenes and natural hemp compounds.
Overall we are impressed with Prima Brain Fuel Elixir! We’re excited to see this brand grow and evolve with the industry. Their team is dedicated to the highest quality, working with a medical collective in California to keep up-to-date with the latest in hemp and health research. They call this a commitment to being “100% clean” by going beyond the normal standards to maintain safety in their products.
We appreciate this transparency in their sourcing process, beyond where they get their CBD. We’d love to see more of this type of work in the hemp industry.
Prima Brain Fuel Official Review
- Highlights: Prima Brain Fuel Elixir is a rapid-dissolving powder that’s a quick, easy way to take CBD. This drink mix is fast acting and high bioavailability, with a taste our team found pleasant.
- Strength: 10 mg of CBD per packet, 20 packets per box
- Price: $55
- Special Offer: Use code ministry15 for 15% off!
- Customer Service and Shipping: Fast, friendly customer service available online 24/7 Free shipping on purchases over $75.00.
- Returns: Prima offers a 30-day return policy for unsatisfied customers.
- Independent Test Results: Available by batch. A QR code is on the box or you can look up online.
- Flavor & Texture: This drink mix is nutty, slightly earthy, with cacao undertones. It easily mixes with water for sipping or combining with smoothies and other beverages.
- Primary Ingredients: CBD oil / Broad Spectrum Hemp Extract with KSM-66® Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) Root Extract, Rhodiola rosea Root Extract, Lion’s Mane (Hericium erinaceus) Mycelium Extract, Ginkgo biloba Leaf Extract
- Additional Ingredients: Soluble non-GMO corn fiber (dietary fiber), natural flavors, non-GMO maltodextrin, and silicon dioxide.
- Other: Prima also makes drink mixes in “Rest Easy” and “Go-To” formulas.
On November 25, 2019, Ministry of Hemp conducted our own lab test of this CBD oil, using a third-party lab. Download test results here.