Cranberry Sparkling CBD Cocktail: Celebrate With Our Fizzy CBD Drink!
Editor’s Note: Our sparkling CBD cocktail recipe marks our third collaboration with John Korkidis, better known as Chron Vivant. It’s also a chance for us to wish all of our readers a very Happy New Year!
On New Year’s I typically start my night with a glass of something sparkling. But instead of simply reaching for champagne, I like to challenge myself to be a bit more creative seeing as we are celebrating another trip around the sun.
This riff on a lower ABV (alcohol by volume) sparkling cocktail is elevated by the addition of a full-spectrum CBD tincture to help get the party started. The flavonoids and terpenoids found in most high quality CBD tinctures play well with the tart cranberry and sweet citrus notes and are easily washed down by the sparkling wine.
Elegant and perfect for any celebration, this dead simple champagne cocktail only contains a few simple ingredients and takes less than a minute to build.
And if you’re looking to save some money after all of your holiday shopping, you can easily substitute an Italian prosecco or Spanish cava in place of the traditional French bubbly in this recipe (you don’t need to use the good stuff when making sparkling cocktails).
Celebrate responsibly and be sure to tag your NYE cocktails: #ChronVivant #Hempgrams
Recipe: Cranberry Sparkling CBD Cocktail
Prep time: 5 min
- ½ oz orange liqueur (Cointreau or triple sec work well)
- ½ oz lemon juice
- 2.5 oz cranberry juice
- 2.5 oz Champagne (or any sparkling wine)
- 3-4 drops of full spectrum CBD tincture
Garnish: Lemon twist
- Pre-mix the spirit and juice and chill in the refrigerator the night before serving (do not add the champagne yet).
- When you are ready to serve, add the chilled liqueur and cranberry juice to a champagne glass or coupe.
- Top with Champagne and add three to four drops of your favorite CBD tincture.
- Garnish with a lemon twist and serve.