Ministry of Hemp Editor in Chief Kit O’Connell spoke with Dawn Peacock, host of CBD Talk Podcast about recent hemp news in the U.S., including the 2018 Farm Bill. The Farm Bill, recently signed into law, fully legalizes industrial hemp in the United States.
While the Farm Bill represents a huge win for hemp advocates, there’s still more to do before hemp and CBD are fully accessible to everyone. A recent FDA statement about CBD’s legality after the Farm Bill has left people confused and concerned about the supplement’s future in the U.S. Dawn and Kit talk about what the memo really means, and why it could show the FDA is actually warming up to CBD.
In addition to the video above, this episode of CBD Talk is available as an audio file on Soundcloud:
Some of the links mentioned in the podcast:
- Legal Hemp In The USA: What The 2018 Farm Bill Means For US Hemp & Agriculture (Ministry of Hemp)
- Police Arrest Nebraska CBD Shop Owners Just Days Before Hemp Is Federally Legalized (Ministry of Hemp)
- Support Heather & Dreyson Beguin, Victims of Nebraska CBD Arrests (GoFundMe)
- Marc Grignon: Hemp Can Help Sustain Native Americans (Ministry of Hemp)
- FDA Signals Shift in Rhetoric Towards Hemp Products (LinkedIn/ Hoban Law Group)
- cbdMD Bath Bombs (Ministry of Hemp)
- CBDMEDIC Active Sport Ointment (Ministry of Hemp)
- Holistic Corn CBD Popcorn (Holistic Corn homepage)
CBD Talk is available on all your favorite podcast apps — give them a listen!