We’ve put together a quick guide to eating hemp for breakfast, so you can start your most important meal of the day with this nutritional powerhouse.
Hemp hearts and CBD oil are interesting ingredients, in that they are really easy to incorporate to your everyday foods. With hemp hearts, you’ll see it’s a simple additive to the dishes. It’s as easy as putting them into a batter, or even just sprinkling them on top of the dish. With the CBD oil, it’s slightly more difficult to incorporate into your dishes but we’ll give you some simple tips.
HEMP FOR BREAKFAST: THE BENEFITS OF ADDING HEMP & CBD TO YOUR MORNING
Hemp is great addition to so many dishes. It will provide you with all of the essential amino acids and is a major source for plant-based protein. The best part is that hemp is extremely easy to incorporate into your diet. You can simply sprinkle hemp hearts (hulled hemp seeds) on top of your meals like salads or rice bowls or throw it into your blender to infuse your protein-shakes with hemp power. We recently looked at how hemp is great for keto diets and explained how to make your own hemp milk. However, hemp is an easy addition to almost any diet.
CBD can also be incorporated into your mornings. Not to be confused with THC, the main cannabinoid compound in psychoactive cannabis, these ingredients are completely legal and will not get you high. CBD can ease symptoms of pain and anxiety and generally create a more balanced day. CBD can be found as oils, extracts, tinctures and even edibles. There are even CBD breakfast bars! You can even mix it into your morning coffee, if these recipes don’t appeal.
Since CBD is a liquid, you have to incorporate it into other liquids used. Cannabinoids also bind with fats in cooking. The easiest way to cook with CBD is to infuse the supplement into things like butter, maple syrup, and even into your cooking oil. This process is generally easy, and you can even make it ahead of time. We used Meta Hemp CBD oil for these test recipes (see our Meta Hemp review here!) but you can use any quality CBD oil you prefer.
Below are three of our favorite recipes incorporating hemp & CBD!
PANCAKES WITH CBD-INFUSED MAPLE SYRUP
- 2 cups of your choice of pancake batter
- Full spectrum CBD oil
- ½ cup of pure maple syrup
- Non-stick spray
- With this recipe, you’ll want to first make your batter to have it done so you can prepare everything else. Depending on your pancake batter, you might need to add eggs and milk, but sometimes all you’ll need is water.
- When stirring, make sure to stir until the batter is smooth and all of the lumps are gone. If you’re adding milk, do it slowly as you stir. This will make your pancakes extra fluffy.
- To make the CBD infused maple syrup, pour the syrup into a small saucepan and heat on low. After it’s brought up to temperature, add your desired amount of CBD/Hemp oil.
- Continue heating on low for about 5 minutes and set aside.
- To make pancakes, it helps to make a pancake assembly station, with batter to the left, the pan in front of you, and your serving plate to the right.
- Spray non-stick spray and then pour batter until you get the desired size of pancake. Every minute or so, continuously check the bottom until it’s golden brown. Once it’s cooked, flip the pancake to cook the other side. Again, continuously check so you don’t overcook the pancake.
After that, you’re done in creating your delicious pancake with CBD-infused maple syrup! You can eat it as is, or add things like hemp hearts, berries, nuts, and whipped cream to supercharge the dish.
THE ULTIMATE CBD EGG SCRAMBLE
- Four eggs
- ¼ cup of milk
- ¼ stick of butter
- Full spectrum CBD oil
- Handful of grape tomatoes
- ¼ Large Onion, chopped
- Salt, Pepper, Chili Flakes, Smoked Paprika to taste
This is an awesome recipe if you’re short on time, and you want to make a quick & easy breakfast scramble to start your day off right!
- We start by preparing vegetables. Quickly chop onions, ready spinach and grape tomatoes. Set these aside.
- Heating up your pan with butter over a medium heat. Add CBD/Hemp Oil with the butter. While we wait for the pan to get up to temperature, we’ll prepare our eggs.
- Whip four eggs in a small bowl until they are uniform and have a little bit of foam around the edges. Mix in the milk while you whip your eggs. This allows for a fluffier and creamier omelet.
- Once the eggs are whipped and vegetables ready, make sure to have your spices nearby.
- With the pan up to temperature, we’ll add in our vegetables first. Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- After the vegetables have cooked for a little bit, add the eggs and start to scramble them.
Making scrambled eggs is fairly easy, but make sure to not overcook the eggs! The cooking process should only take about a minute or so and be sure to keep the ingredients constantly moving with your spatula.
HEMP BREAKFAST PARFAIT
- ½ cup of yogurt
- Your choice of berry (blackberry, blueberry, raspberry, etc.)
- Hemp hearts
This is the easiest of all the recipes, simply gather all the ingredients and stack them in a bowl! You can add to this recipe by adding in flax seeds and chia seeds with the hemp hearts to create a trifecta of awesome plant based nutrition!
DISCOVER THE TOP CBD BRANDS
The market is getting saturated with many different CBD brands. We’ve compared the top brands to help you with your decision. Check it out.