Hemp Granola: A Recipe For The Lazy But Health-Conscious
Hemp granola fuses the superfood capacities of hemp seeds with the hyper-efficiency of oats for a delicious, on-the-go snack.
Much like our previous Ultimate Hemp Oatmeal recipe, hemp granola brings the same nutritional one-two punch of hemp hearts and oats together. Not only are they good for you, making them proves that you don’t need to spend hours of your valuable time to make an uber-healthy snack.
THE NUTRITIONAL POWER OF HEMP AND OATS
Oats, some of the healthiest grains available, provide health benefits like weight loss, lower blood sugar, and even reduce the risk of heart disease.
Extremely balanced and highly nutritious, oats are high in fiber and carbs, and are loaded with many important vitamins and minerals. A meager half-cup of oats contains 51 grams of carbohydrates, 13 grams of protein, 5 grams of fat, 8 grams of fiber, with only about 300 calories. This makes oats a super nutrient-dense food, providing you with a good ratio of nutrition to calories.
In addition, oats are rich in antioxidants, can lower cholesterol levels, and lowers blood sugar. To add on to all of that, oats are very satiating.
Hemp, of course, is high in plant-based protein, contain good fats, and are also nutrient-dense. One ounce of hemp seeds contains nine grams of protein, twelve grams of fat, and two grams of fiber. It also contains all twenty amino acids and all nine of the essential amino acids which our bodies do not produce naturally. Hemp is also extremely easy to incorporate into your diet through the use of hemp hearts (shelled hemp seeds) and hemp oil.
Once made, this recipe helps you save time as hemp granola can be refrigerated and stored. A large batch can last you up to 14 days. Not only does it save you time, but they provide a much healthier alternative to other snacks such as potato chips, ice-cream or the occasional fast-food run.
Keep in mind that this hemp granola recipe is highly customizable, and you can mix in different ingredients such as berries, other seeds, peanut butter etc. to meet your nutritional needs! Not only that, you can eat hemp granola by the handful, or with milk or yogurt.
MINISTRY OF HEMP’S ULTIMATE HEMP GRANOLA RECIPE
Prep time: 5 minutes
Tip: Our hemp granola recipe is gluten free, if you make sure to buy gluten free oats.
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup + 1 honey or agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2-3 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3/4 – 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp coconut flakes, unsweetened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small sauce pot, over medium heat, add the butter and peanut butter. Stir until softened. Turn heat to low. Then add in the honey (or agave). Stir for a minute, until well combined.
- Add in the rolled oats, stir well to combine.
- Add in the hemp seeds, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, flax seed, coconut flakes.
- Turn off the heat. Stir well to combine. The mixture will feel very thick now.
- Lay a sheet of aluminum down on a one-inch thick baking sheet. Pour the mixture onto one side of the sheet and flatten and spread with a spoon.
- Load granola into the 350-degree oven and bake for 15 minutes. Edges will begin to brown when they are done.
- Cool hemp granola at least ten minutes before serving. Store leftovers in the fridge.