CBD protein powder is an easy way for athletes and gym goers to add this popular supplement to their workout routine.
CBD oil is an extract made from industrial hemp which offers numerous benefits for active people. CBD can reduce inflammation and ease muscle soreness and joint stiffness. Thanks to its widespread effects on the endocannabinoid system, CBD can also promote relaxation. With more athletes experimenting with CBD after the World Anti-Doping Authority lifted their ban, CBD protein powder could be an important new product.
ReGen(PCR) from Willpower Products is one of the first CBD-infused protein powders to hit the market. This was one of several unique hemp and CBD products we discovered at the NoCo Hemp Expo this year. Read on to learn more about the benefits of CBD protein powder, and to see our complete review.
EXPLORING THE BENEFITS OF CBD PROTEIN POWDER
Will Carr discovered CBD after struggling to recover from a sports-related injury.
“I’ve been an athlete my whole life,” Carr told us at the NoCo Hemp Expo. “I played basketball in college and I played basketball professionally overseas for a while, so I’ve always used sports nutrition products.”
Last summer, Carr suffered from turf toe, a common but painful sports injury. Turf toe is a sprain to the ligaments around the big toe joint in the foot.
“I’d been taking ibuprofen for two weeks and it wasn’t helping,” Carr said. “I took CBD and within 30 minutes my toe didn’t hurt anymore.”
He recalled his surprise at the supplement’s effectiveness at treating pain. “What in the world is this? Why have I never heard of this before?”
Other athletes have used CBD to reduce their use of steroid injections and other painkillers after injuries. Even without an injury, workouts can leave people stiff and sore both immediately afterward and the next day. CBD has been shown to reduce pain and inflammation without being addictive.
Carr believes athletes and anyone living an active lifestyle should take CBD every day:
“CBD is great in sports nutrition and being active for muscle recovery, joint health, any kind of anti-inflammation. It’s great to help you feel better overall. When you’re taking CBD every day, you really do feel good. You recover faster, your body feels good. It’s a natural fit to put CBD into sports nutrition products.”
REGEN(PCR) CBD PROTEIN POWDER OFFERS LATEST IN SPORTS NUTRITION PLUS HEMP
Carr’s injury eventually led to the development of his CBD protein powder. The PCR in ReGen(PCR) stands for PhytoCannabinoid Rich, because this supplement includes full spectrum hemp. We typically recommend “whole plant” or “full spectrum” extract for the added benefits it offers over CBD alone.
He believes ReGen(PCR) is a winning combination of hemp and sports nutrition knowledge.
“It’s the perfect concoction if you live an active healthy lifestyle,” Carr said of his CBD protein powder. “You’re able to get that recovery and just feel good and be able to live your life, be able to be healthy, active and happy.”
Carr marked the launch of his new product by partnering with Apollo Flight Labs, who wowed the Expo crowds with an actual jetpack.
In addition to whey protein and hemp extract, Carr’s ReGen(PCR) also includes Branch Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs). The latest sports medicine research suggests BCAAs can help reduce reduce fatigue during exercise and soreness after a workout.
“BCAA is great for healing and repairing muscle fibers in your body.” Carr said. “They’re huge in the sports nutrition world for muscle health and recovery.”
Willpower: ReGen(PCR) Protein Powder Official Review
- Highlights: ReGen(PCR) Protein Powder – Vanilla has a smooth texture that blends easily into soy or nut milk. There is a noticeable medicinal flavor from hemp extract and other nutritional additives. With 20 mg of full spectrum hemp, including CBD, ReGen makes a relaxing start to your day. This CBD protein powder also helps reduce inflammation and soreness after workouts.
- Price: $79.99
- Strength: 20 mg of full spectrum hemp/CBD extract per scoop, about 15 servings per container
- Customer Service & Shipping: Fast customer service. Shipping starts at $8.98 for USPS Priority Mail, with faster shipping available for an additional fee.
- Independent Test Results: Online.
- Texture & Taste: This CBD protein powder blends easily into smoothies or other beverages without creating a powdery texture. Though the vanilla flavor is pleasant, it does not completely cover up the taste of the hemp extract and other supplements. Some consumers may also notice the taste of stevia, the natural sweetener used in ReGen(PCR).
- Ingredients: PCR (Phytocannabinoid rich) Hemp Oil Extract, Flax Seed, BCAAs (Branch Chain Amino Acids), Grass Fed Whey Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate), Natural Flavor, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose, Stevia RebaudioxideA Leaf Extract
ReGen(PCR) is also available in Cinnamon Cocoa flavor. This product is gluten free. The CBD is made from hemp sourced in Colorado. The current formula uses whey protein (refined from dairy products). Willpower plans to release a vegan formula using hemp protein. If you’re sensitive to the taste of supplements, we recommend blending CBD protein powder in a smoothie with ingredients like bananas, berries or peanut butter to add nutrition and flavor.
Willpower provided a free sample of their CBD protein powder in return for our honest review.