Recipe: Homemade CBD Hot Cocoa To Soothe Away Holiday Stress
Editor’s Note: This CBD hot cocoa recipe is our second collaboration with John Korkidis, better known as Chron Vivant. Don’t miss his CBD spiced cider recipe and our other CBD cocktails and non-alcoholic CBD drinks. -KO
Nothing is more comforting than a cup of hot cocoa and nothing quite hugs the soul like a broad spectrum of cannabinoids. So, there may be no better way to spend a cold winter’s day than snuggled up to a crackling fire with with a mug full of CBD hot cocoa. And if you don’t have a fireplace, this recipe will make you feel like you do.
Fun Fact: The first chocolate beverage is believed to have been created by the Mayan peoples around 2000 years ago, and much like cannabis, the cocoa beverage was an essential part of Aztec culture. I wonder if they ever mixed the two?
RECIPE: CBD HOT COCOA
Prep time: 5 min
- 1 oz dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup whole organic milk
- 2 tablespoons organic granulated sugar (optional)
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 2-3 drops of full spectrum CBD tincture
Garnish: Whipped cream or marshmallows and a candy cane
- In a small saucepan, mix the chocolate, cocoa powder and 1/2 cup of milk over low heat.
- Stir continuously until the chocolate is completely melted. Add the remaining milk, a dash of cinnamon, and a dash of sea salt.
- Stir in organic sugar to taste and add a few drops of the CBD tincture of your choice.
- Pour CBD hot cocoa into your favorite mug and top with whipped cream or marshmallows.
- Take a candy cane and place in a ziplock bag. Gently crush the candy cane with a mallet or similar object and sprinkle the remaining candy cane bits on top of your whipped cream or marshmallows.