Since the time CBD was discovered, researchers and pharmacists have been in awe of the variety it has to offer in all aspects. CBD doesn’t just cure you of one health issue but helps you fight a bunch of them altogether. Whether it’s symptoms of PTSD, panic attacks, insomnia, low energy level, inflammations, aches, or troubles in concentration, CBD can help you fight all of these health issues.
However, that’s not all! It’s now common knowledge that CBD offers relief from different types of health issues, but do you know that we can even use CBD in various forms? We always hear people bragging about how great CBD gummies and oils are, but today we will talk about the best CBD flowers. You can smoke CBD hemp flowers by rolling them in a joint or puffing them using a vape or a cigar. Yes, you read it right! Who would’ve imagined that one day we would be able to smoke our problems away – quite literally!
There are a huge number of companies out there claiming to make the best CBD products, but the real dilemma is, how do we know which ones to trust? To help you out, we have made a list of the best CBD Flower Strains in markets for you to choose from.
Best CBD Flower: Top 4 Hemp Flower Brands Of 2022:
- ExhaleWellness – Overall Best CBD Flower & CBD Strains; Editor’s Pick
- Budpop – Premium Quality Hemp CBD Flower Strains
- Cheef Botanicals – Most Potent Hemp Buds & CBD Flowers
- HollyweedCBD – Affordable Organic Hemp Flower
Here are the detailed reviews of our top picks:
#1. Exhale Wellness – Overall Best CBD Flower & CBD Strains; Editor’s Pick
Exhale Wellness is one of the most trustworthy names out there. It has more than 6000 satisfied customers. Exhale Wellness is big on transparency which is why it provides its customers with every single detail related to their hemp’s source and all the related processes.
Exhale’s CBD flowers are premium quality hemp flowers that have been hand-trimmed and grown using organic fertilizers. Exhale Wellness grows their hemp on their private farms in New England, under the supervision of experienced and trained craftsmen. Furthermore, all their CBD flower batches are tested in a third-party lab under experienced professionals, and every product has an Original Certificate of Analysis (COA) from Food and Drug Administration.
- Organic: The CBD flower by Exhale is 100% organic and grown using natural methods. They are free from all kinds of pesticides, artificial flavors, additives, harmful metals, etc.
- Shipping and Other Policies: Exhale provides free shipping on all orders of $50 and above. All orders are shipped in nylon forensic bags to ensure privacy. Furthermore, Exhale doesn’t offer a return option and states that all sales are final. In case you have any issues and want to file a complaint, you are asked to shoot an email at info@Exhalewellness.com.
- Sizes: CBD flower by Exhale Wellness is available in the following sizes:
- 1 gram
- 3.5 grams
- 7 grams
- 14 grams
- 1 ounce.
- Hemp Cultivation Process: Exhale cultivates and harvests its hemp meticulously and timely by professionals. They remove the leaves with great care to uncover the CBD. Then, all the hemp flowers undergo a curing method that extracts terpenes. This process often takes up to months. Then, every batch is tested in a third-party lab, and a quality and accuracy report is generated.
- Various Strains:
- Northern Lights: Out of all the strains, Northern Lights is the most popular one. It is Exhale’s bestselling strain. The Northern strain helps you become more creative and calms your nerves, and it is composed of 19.5% CBD.
- Cherry wine: This strain is tropical fruity in its flavor. It is composed of 1.7% CBD, 0.19% Delta 9 THC, 0.15% CBC, 0.64% CBGa, 18.5% CBDa, and 0.48% THCa. In addition, it also has other terpenes such as a-Bisabolol, Myrcene, Borneol, and b-Caryophyllene.
- Cookies: The Cookie strain is made up of 0.99% CBD, 13.3% CBDa, 0.07% CBC, 0.28% CBGa, 0.44% THCa, and 0.09% Delta 9 THC. It also has a-Pinene and b-Caryophyllene in large amounts. The cookie has a floral and lemon-like smell with an underlying tropical fruity smell, and just a couple of puffs are adequate for you to relax for the whole day.
- Gorilla Glue: The gorilla glue strain is made up of 17% CBDa, 0.84% CBD, 0.08% CBC, 0.04% CBG, 0.65% CBGa, 0.56$ THCa, and 0.1% Delta 9 THC. It is also loaded with a-Humulene and D-Limonene. The Bubba Kush tastes like cocoa and coffee, and it Is designed as an evening strain with many therapeutic properties.
- Skywalker OG: This strain is composed of 13.9% CBDa, 0.44% CBD, 0.05% CBG, 0.39% CBGa, 0.5% THCa, and 0.07% Delta 9 THC. The legendary OG smells like sandalwood and has calming and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Cherry Wine: The cherry Wine strain is made up of 11.1 % CBDa, 0.05% CBC, 0.72% CBD, 0.03% CBG, 0.61% CBGa, 0.32% THCa, and 0.09% Delta 9 THC. It also contains a huge amount of Linalool and b-Caryophyllene. This strain has a fruity taste with a hint of pepper and has been designed to be taken before nighttime, and it is a therapeutic and relaxing alternative to medicines.
- High CBD potency
- Educational resources available
- Great online reviews
- Certificate of Analysis (COA) for all products
- Free shipping isn’t available on all orders
⇒ Visit the Official Website of ExhaleWellness
#2. BudPop – Premium Quality Hemp CBD Flower Strains
Number one on our list of “Best CBD Flower,” we have the CBD hemp flower by BudPop. When it comes to CBD-based products, BudPop is one of the big names out there. It is based in Los Angeles and has appeared in some of the most reputable and well-known magazines such as Forbes, LA Weekly, Los Angeles Times, and Men’s Journal, Observer.
The hemp flower launched by BudPop is made from premium hemp that has been grown using organic methods without using any pesticides in BudPop’s private farms in Colorado. BudPop also uses a clean and safe extraction method, i.e., the CO2 method, to ensure that their hemp is free from all sorts of toxicity and harmful metals.
Even though BudPop is relatively new in the world of CBD products, it has managed to gain a lot of public attention for all the right reasons.
- Shelf Life: The CBD hemp flowers offered by BudPop have a shelf life of 12 months.
- Refund Policy: BudPop has a 30-day return policy where you can return any product within the first 30 days of receiving it. However, the item you are returning must be in its original condition without any faults or defects. You should also provide proof of payment. To start a refund procedure, you need to email your issue at support@BudPop.com. Once the refund has been approved, the refunded amount will be transferred directly into your account.
- Shipping Policy: Shipping rates are not standard and are different from customer to customer and depend on their location. Shipping is calculated during order completion at checkout. You will get notifications from BudPop on both occasions, shipping, and when the parcel has been received. However, BudPop does not deliver in states where CBD is still illegal. Their states are Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Mississippi, Montana, Rhode Island, and Utah.
- Rewards and Discounts: BudPop has a reward program which allows you to win many discounts. With every purchase, you will be rewarded with $11. Furthermore, liking BudPop’s Facebook page will give you 100 points, following their Instagram page will give you 50 points, and signing up on their website will give you 100 points. For every 150 points, you will get 25% off with coupons on all orders worth $100 or more. For 100 points, you’ll receive 20% off on all orders, and for 50 points, you get free shipping. In addition, BudPop gives all of its customers 20% off on their first order.
- Sizes: CBD hemp flower is available in 3 different sizes of bottles
- 4.2 g
- 7 g
- 28 g
- Strain Types: CBD hemp flower is available in two different strain types
- Sour Diesel: The sour diesel strain is composed of 20.165% CBD and 0.094% Delta 9 THC, and it is made from the Sativa Dominant strain. It has a sweet flavor and smell, and after a few puffs, you will notice a substantial change in your focus and energy level as they will be heightened.
- Northern Lights: This strain is composed of 20.73% CBD, and the Delta 9 THC concentration is 0.067%. It is made up of Indica Dominant strain. The northern lights have an earthy flavor and a strong smell. Furthermore, this strain won’t just make you feel euphoric but also tone down your anxiety and calm your mind and body.
- THC Free
- Third-party lab tested
- Farm Bill 2018 compliant
- Doesn’t deliver in all states
- Free shipping: No
- Standard shipping: No
⇒ Visit the Official Website of BudPop
#3. Cheef Botanicals – Most Potent Hemp Buds & CBD Flowers
On number two, we have Cheef Botanicals, a company that has people with over 25 years of experience in the industry. Cheef Botanicals has only recently won the Golden Grow Award in 2020.
Cheef Botanicals claims to make CBD flowers from the best hemp flower that is grown naturally on their farms in Oregon, US. In addition, all of their products have been tested in a credible third-party lab to ensure that all of their products are safe to use and entirely healthy. Their products have been labeled cruelty-free and completely free of GMOs.
- Composition: The hemp flower by Cheef Botanical contains relaxing properties and contains about 18.686% of CBD and 0.3% of THC. These hemp flowers have high potency.
- Reward Program: After you sign up on Cheef botanical’s website, each purchase gives you reward points. You can redeem these awards to earn a discount later on. You will get a discount of 25% on subscribing and a 15% discount from code offers.
- Return and Exchange Policy:Cheef Botanicals provides its customers with a 30-day money-back guarantee. This offer allows you to return the product within 30 days of purchase if you’re not satisfied with the results. In addition, Cheef Botanical provides you with free delivery.Furthermore, if you want to apply for a refund, then you should fill out the Refund Request form and state your reason. You can only file for a refund within the first 30-45 of purchase, not later than that. Cheef Botanicals takes approximately 7-10 days to process the refund amount. In case a product is missing from your parcel, then you should write an email at email@example.com.
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) Accredited: Yes
- Packaging: These hemp flowers come in a glass jar and a child-resistant cap.
- Customer Support: Cheef botanicals have provided its customers with a live 24-hour chat option where all your queries will be answered by a company representative. You can also access Cheef Botanical’s number and email from its website.
- Variety of hemp strains: Cheef Botanicals offers a variety of more than 20 flower strains, out of which some of the most popular ones are:
- Northern Lights: This strain of CBD flower is considered top-shelf quality and is composed of 20.73 % CBD. It is effective in alleviating discomfort and inducing sleep. It has a spicy smell with a sweet undertone and an earthy taste. It also has a noticeably pungent smell.
- Sour Space Candy: The sour space candy strain has 20.66% and 0.06% Delta 9 THC. This strain is one of the most bought and well-known CBD strains. Sour Space Candy’s flavor and CBD potency play a big role in its popularity. This hemp flower is light green in color with tangerine hair and purple highlights. Furthermore, this hemp flower also feels very sticky on touching it and is quite dense. It is great for improving your mood and making you feel uplifted.
- Lifter: The lifter strain is composed of 18% CBD and less than 0.3% Delta 9 THC. This CBD hemp flower is made to increase your focus and make you calmer. The lifter has a velvety smoke, and it tastes like lemon zest with traces of redwood. It is light green in color and has shades of brown. The hemp flowers are light in weight and very stretched and frosty looking.
- Sour Diesel: This CBD flower strain by Cheef Botanicals is made up of 10.165% CBD and 0.094% Delta 9 THC. The sour Diesel has quick calming effects and is bright green in color. The bud is sticky and dense and has orange pistils. It has a pungent smell and great flavor.
- Rich in high-quality CBD
- Free Shipping
- Available in both bud sizes, small and large
- Relatively Overpriced
⇒ Visit the Official Website of Cheef Botanicals
#4. HollyweedCBD – Affordable Organic Hemp Flower
If you’re looking for a company with many experienced medical professionals on board, then Hollyweed is the one for you. Hollyweed offers CBD flowers in a variety of hemp strains with different potencies. Hollyweed started off as a company with the initiative of promoting transparency and consistency.
Hollyweed grows its hemp on its farm, which is centered around CBD. They use a cruelty-free approach and adopt pesticide-free practices in growing hemp for CBD flowers and only cultivate hemp that is high in CBD.
- Sizes: Two sizes in 3.5g and 7g are available.
- THC: Less than 0.3% maintained.
- Packaging: All the CBD hemp flowers come in a glass bottle that has a protective child-resistant cap.
- Return and refund policy: All return and refund offers are available for 30 days. You will be provided with a 30-day money-back guarantee if you don’t think your product’s results are up to a point. All refund returns and exchange requests should be made by filling out the Refund Request Form. However, the refund policy is not applicable on CBD flowers that are 1 oz or greater.All refund amounts will be transferred to your account within 2-3 days. In case of a missing product, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shipping Policy: All orders take at least one to two business days to process. There are two types of shipping being offered:
- Free Economy Shipping: Economy shipping is free of cost and takes approximately 6-9 days for the parcel to be deliver
- Priority Mail shipping: The priority mail option takes 4-6 days for the parcel to be delivered
- Strain Types: Hollyweed offers CBD flowers in a variety of hemp strains. Some of the famous strains by Hollyweed are:
- Sour Diesel: This strain is made of 20.165% CBD and 0.094% Delta 9 THC. It has a strong smell that has a hint of gasoline, and the cannabis has an aftertaste after you smoke it. These hemp flowers are available in small and medium sizes. They’re green in color and have orange pistils. The sour Diesel strain helps you focus better and makes you feel more productive. The main terpenes in this strain are Caryophyllene, Linalool, Pinene, Myrcene, and Limonene.
- Lifter: The Lifter is one of Hollyweed’s best-selling CBD flower strains. It has 18% CBD and less than 0.3% Delta 9 THC. The lifter tastes like lemonade and has a tangy aroma. Each puff will destress you and help you think clearer. The main terpenes present in this strain are Farnesene, Bisabolol, Myrcene, Geranyl Acetate, Pinene, Caryophyllene, Limonene, and Humelene.
- Cherry Wine: The Cherry Wine strain is made of 16.48% CBD and less than 0.3% Delta 9 THC. You can deduce from the name, this hemp strain tastes like Cherry Wine and has highly effective relaxing properties. The main terpenes in this flower strain are beta-caryophyllene, geranyl acetate, farnesene, Linalool, limonene, pinene, and myrcene.
- Goliath 1:1 CBD to CBG: This flower strain is composed of 5.17% CBD, 5.76% CBG, and 0.12% Delta 9 THC. This CBD strain doesn’t just improve your focus but also makes you feel euphoric and creative. The quality hemp bud is dense and moist and have orange pistils and white trichomes. The aroma smells like pine with an undertone of spice and fruitiness. The main terpenes are beta-pinene, beta-myrcene, linalool, limonene, beta-caryophyllene, humulene, and guaiol.
- Made from natural ingredients
- Ten flower strain types are available
- High CBD potency
- Free shipping
- Third-party lab tested
- It can only be bought online.
⇒ Visit the Official Website of Hollyweed
How We Made The List Of CBD Flower Strains Of 2022:
After extensive research, we concluded and curated our list based on the following factors:
- Brand Transparency
The first thing that we looked for in a company was how they were willing to be transparent and honest to their audience about their methods and practices. A reliable company will always upload A certificate of analysis (COA) of all of their products, ensuring that all their CBD-based products have been tested in a third-party lab to ensure premium quality and consumer safety. In addition, they should also mention what ingredients have been used in making the CBD flower and what farming practices and extraction processes they have adopted.
- Terpenes and CBD
The amount and quality of the terpenes and CBD incorporated in a CBD flower play a huge role in determining its quality. Therefore, we ensured that all of the most beneficial terpenes have been incorporated in the premium CBD flower and that the CBD concentration lies around the recommended average of 10%- 20%.
- Customer Reviews
Lastly, who is a better judge than the customer who has had firsthand experience with the product? Thus, we went through all the customer reviews of brands and chose the one with the highest reviews and the most positive customer feedback.
Buying Guide: Best Hemp CBD Flower Strains
There are always some aspects that will set some products apart from other products. Similar is the case with CBD flowers. Following are some of the qualities and factors you should look for before buying a CBD flower for yourself.
The methods used to farm hemp have a substantial effect on its quality. Organic farming is one of the top-tier farming methods out there. This is because it is free from all sorts of pesticides, insecticides, and chemical compounds. These chemicals harm the hemp crop by destroying the beneficial compounds present in it.
Usage of pesticides and other compounds doesn’t just harm our crop by infiltrating it with chemicals but also harms the human body in many ways. Therefore, ensure that the company whose CBD flower you’re buying practices organic farming.
2. Business’s Reputation
A company’s reputation is one of the defining qualities of its product. Before buying a CBD flower of any company, go online and read customer testimonials and user reviews. You will become aware of how the product is and if the perception of the CBD flower portrayed on the website is true or not. A reputable brand will always have a majority of satisfied customers.
A trustworthy company is always transparent about its products and the processes they’ve adopted. Look for COA certifications, BBB rating, and other mention of relevant details on the company’s website. A credible and reliable brand will never have to hide what farming or extraction methods they’ve adopted and what ingredients are present in their CBD flower.
FAQs Regarding CBD Flower & Hemp Buds:
Q1. What is a hemp flower?
A CBD hemp flower is the hemp bud from the industrial hemp plant’s flower. Once the cannabis plant s are fully grown, we derive the hemp flower from it. Like all CBD-based products, a CBD hemp flower contains all the beneficial hemp cannabinoids, mainly CBD and CBG. A CBD hemp flower also contains THC but within limits prescribed by the Federal Government, i.e., less than 0.3%.
Q2. Why do people prefer CBD flowers over other CBD products?
Even though the concentration of CBD and other cannabinoids is relatively less in a CBD flower, it is a user’s favorite. This is because a CBD flower show results far more quickly than a CBD oil or gummy.
Q3. Is it legal to smoke a CBD hemp flower?
A CBD hemp flower can often be mistaken for marijuana since both are smoked using the same methods. However, marijuana is illegal, but hemp is now legal in many American states. Thus, a CBD hemp flower is legal and beneficial if it has THC under the legal limit of 0.3% prescribed by the Farm bill in 2018. However, if the THC levels are above the legal limit and if it causes a psychoactive high, then the CBD hemp flower becomes illegal
However, there are still some states where CBD-based products are illegal to use. These states are Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Idaho, Iowa, Mississippi, Montana, Rhode Island, and Utah.
Q4. Name some of the most well-known CBD hemp flower strains?
Different CBD strains have different properties. Some of the most well known and widely used CBD strains are:
· Hawaiian Haze: Improves focus and creativity
· Bubba Kush: Helps you sleep better and faster
· Cherry Blossom: Gives you a boost of energy
· Sour Space Candy: Also gives you an energy boost
Q5. Can you get high from smoking a CBD flower?
No, CBD alone cannot make you high. A psychoactive high is caused by the presence of high levels of THC. If the company whose CBD hemp flower you are smoking is abiding by the law and keeping the THC below 0.3%, then you have nothing to worry about. A high is caused when a high level of THC interacts with CBD.
Q6. What are the qualities of a good quality CBD hemp flower?
Many different factors can contribute to a CBD hemp flower’s high quality. Our top three picks are:
Terpenes are what give all CBD products a strong and distinct smell. The aroma from terpenes is known to be therapeutic and has many health benefits, such as relaxing your mind and body and improving focus. The presence of terpenes in a CBD hemp flower is what makes the smokable hemp flower healthy and gives it a strong aroma when we puff it. Some famous terpenes are Caryophyllene, Limonene, Linalool, etc.
CBD is the second most important CBD content in a CBD hemp flower. CBD is known to provide many health benefits to humans without making us high. Daily health issues such as insomnia, irregular sleeping patterns, anxiety, PTSD, lack of focus, panic attacks, etc., can be controlled through the usage of CBD. An average CBD hemp flower has around 10-15% of CBD.
Lastly, we have the process and the methods that come into play to attain the final product, i.e., CBD hemp flower. Initially, all CBD-based hemp products go through an extraction process. The most widely used and one of the most credible extraction processes out there is the CO2 extraction method. The extraction method must be effective enough to clear your CBD off all harmful metals, chemicals, and toxicity. Your CBD product has undergone a low-quality extraction method, then your CBD hemp flower is also going to be of a lower-than-average quality.
Q7. How is CBG different from CBD?
- Cannabidiol (CBD):
Cannabidiol (CBD) is a compound that has been derived from the Cannabis Sativa plant. It has multiple health benefits such as increasing energy levels, reducing anxiety, fighting insomnia, reducing joint aches and inflammation, etc. As per some doctors and researchers, CBD also has anti-cancerous and neuroprotective properties.
- Cannabigerol (CBG)
Like CBD, CBG has also been extracted from the Cannabis Sativa plant. The main difference comes down to the benefits provided by each compound. CBG is known to be antibacterial and provides digestion-related health benefits to the human body. According to some researchers, CBG is also beneficial to our nervous system. Since it has only recently been discovered, more research is being conducted on CBG to completely understand the harms and benefits related to it.
Q8. Is a CBD hemp flower bad for our health?
An excess of anything is harmful, and so is CBD. The recommended amount of CBD intake is approximately around 10 mg -25mg. If you start consuming CBD more than 25 mg, then you will notice some adverse side effects such as a dry mouth, constant fatigue, tiredness, loss in appetite, diarrhea, nausea, sleepiness, and dizziness.
Furthermore, you should check the label of your CBD hemp flower to ensure that the THC level is well under 0.3%. This is because often CBD is under the prescribed limit, but many brands tend to overdo THC’s concentration which is not just harmful to our health but also illegal.
Q9. How is a CBD hemp flower different from marijuana?
Many people get confused between marijuana and a CBD hemp flower. This is because the usage of both these products is highly similar. Both of them can be puffed by rolling them in a joint and smoking them with a cigar or a vape. However, some technical differences separate the two.
CBD-based products are extracted from a Cannabis Sativa plant, which is legal. However, the CBD derived from a marijuana plant is completely illegal. This is because of the THC concentration. A CBD hemp flower has THC well under the legal limit set by the Farm bill in 2018. However, marijuana has an extremely high concentration of THC. Thus, when THC in large amounts meets CBD in marijuana, it makes people high and intoxicated. Such is not the case in a CBD hemp flower as it has a substantially lower level of THC which does not cause any harm to the human body and doesn’t cause a psychoactive high.
Q10. What is a Delta 9 THC, and how does it work?
THC is the short form for delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol. THC is one of the numerous chemical compounds found in cannabis. It has been long known as the primary ingredient in cannabis that causes the psychoactive high.
THC meets with the receptors found in the human brain. It tweaks the way our brain receptors communicate with our body organs. This is what causes the psychoactive high in people. Furthermore, THC also communicates with our brain to release dopamine which makes people feel good while getting high.
Q11. Can smoking CBD hemp flowers show up on my drug test?
If the brand whose CBD hemp flower you’re puffing is abiding by the law, then you have nothing to worry about. This is because CBD alone doesn’t show up on drug tests. It is THC that makes drug tests positive. If your hemp flower has a THC concentration of more than 0.3%, then it will show up on your drug test.
Q12. Who should avoid CBD-based products?
People who take regular medications for underlying and recurring health issues should steer clear of CBD-based products as they can affect the way these medications react in your body. In addition, pregnant women, women who are breastfeeding, people with Parkinson’s, and people who are hypersensitive to CBD, in general, should avoid all types of CBD-based products.
Q13. What is the entourage effect?
When all the compounds, like CBD, CBG CBC, etc., extracted from a hemp plant work together, the effect that is caused is known as the entourage effect. All these compounds have therapeutic tendencies, and when all the compounds interact with each other, they promote a myriad of health benefits for the human body, known as the entourage effect.
Concluding – Top Shelf CBD Hemp Flowers Of 2022
To sum it all up, each of us is different, and every human body reacts differently to different substances and products. Therefore, before opting for any high-quality CBD flower, make sure you do your due diligence to check whether it is safe for you to consume CBD or not.
Lastly, before you finalize a brand, make sure that you’ve conducted your product research and gone through reviews, including customer reviews, from at least three different sources. This will ensure that it is the best CBD Flower for you and is credible.